What To Do If You Miss A Dose Of The Ointment Or A Cream
If you missed a dose of the triamcinolone ointment or the cream you should apply the cream or the ointment as soon as you remember, but you also need to check the time and if it is already close to your next dose you just have to wait until the time for the dose comes up and then apply. You do not have to apply the dose two times if you missed one.
Related Publications That Referenced Our Studies:
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, “EosinophiliaA rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis”, Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, “Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists”, Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How To Tell If A Review Of Of This Cream Is Bogus
The Internet has changed a lot of how we do things including whether to buy triamcinolone acetonide cream usp .1 or not. It has put the worlds information under our fingertips. It has made networking and sharing content and information much easier. In addition to helping us with product ordering, the Internet has also changed how we decide on a product by giving us a whole host of review sites and information resource sites. The bad news is that not all of these resources can be trusted. Why? Many of them were built by people that sought to push one particular product. This product might not be the product that would give you the relief youve been looking for like triamcinolone acetonide cream usp .1. Bad review sites are the wrong resources to use in making purchasing decisions. There are good review sites, but you have to tell them apart from bad review sites. Avoid bad or fake review sites.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Psoriasis On Feet
What To Do If You Miss A Dose Of Triamcinolone Acetonide
Topical application routeApply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Topical application routeAsk your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
What Is The Difference Between Topical Triamcinolone Acetonide Versus Injected Triamcinolone Acetonide
Topical triamcinolone acetonide is used to treat a myriad of skin conditions. Namely, eczema, psoriasis and rashes. Additionally, it should not be used to treat inflamed acne. However, injected triamcinolone acetonide has proven effective in the reduction of nodular cystic acne. Because of that, it is important to not confuse them.
Also Check: What Is The Best Vitamin For Psoriasis
How To Use Aureocort Ointment
- Before you start using the preparation, read the manufacturers printed information leaflet from inside the pack. It will give you more information about topical steroids and will provide you with a full list of side-effects that you may experience from using them.
- Apply a small amount to the areas of skin which are infected. Then gently rub it into the skin until it has disappeared.
- Use it regularly twice daily for one week only, unless you have been directed otherwise by your doctor.
- The amount of topical steroid that you should apply is commonly measured by fingertip units . One FTU is the amount of cream or ointment that is squeezed out along an adults fingertip . As a guide, one FTU is enough to cover an area twice the size of an adult hand. Your doctor will give you an idea of how many FTUs you will need to cover the area of your skin which is affected.
- If you are using more than one topical corticosteroid, make sure you know when and where to use each one. If you are unsure, check with your doctor or ask your pharmacist for further advice.
- After you have applied the ointment, remember to wash your hands .
- If you are using the ointment for infected psoriasis, make sure you follow your doctors instructions carefully. It should not be used for large areas of psoriasis or for long periods of time, as these can cause your symptoms to flare up again afterwards.
Before You Start To Use It
Tell your doctor if:
Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of using Tricortone when pregnant.
Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of using Tricortone when breast-feeding.
Do not apply Tricortone to the breasts before breast-feeding.
If you have not told your doctor about any of the above, tell them before you use any Tricortone.
Also Check: Does Lemon Juice Help Psoriasis
How To Use The Triamcinolone Ointment
Triamcinolone ointment comes in two doses, the 0.1% and 0.025% dosage. The 0.025% dose can be applied for two to four times in a day while the 0.1 dose can be applied for two to 3 times a day. The number of times that you apply the ointment will be determined by how severe your condition is and how the doctor prescribed it to you.
Related Resources For Psoriasis:
* Prescription savings vary by prescription and by pharmacy, and may reach up to 80% off cash price.
Pharmacy names, logos, brands, and other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This article is not medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes and is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your physician or dial 911.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Psoriasis On Legs
Recommended Reading: Who Is The Best Doctor For Psoriasis
What Are The Side Effects Of Triamcinolone
With any medication, there are risks and benefits. Even if the medication is working, you may experience some unwanted side effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Allergic reaction
The following side effects may get better over time as your body gets used to the medication. Let your doctor know immediately if you continue to experience these symptoms or if they worsen over time.
Faqs Of Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream
What is triamcinolone used to treat?
Triamcinolone is a synthetic steroid that is given to people with acne that cannot respond to other treatments. It works by reducing the amount of sebum that your skin produces.
This is why it has such a good reputation as an acne treatment. It does this by preventing the pores from becoming blocked. Since it does this, the bacteria that causes acne is unable to develop and is killed off. It is usually taken in pill form and is not a cream treatment, which is why you have to be careful when you decide to use it on your face.
Is triamcinolone a strong steroid?
If you suffer from painful psoriasis, you might have asked yourself is triamcinolone a strong steroid? Or is it just another steroid that has been overused? To better understand whether or not this steroid is truly a powerful steroid, we must look into its history and consider some of its current uses.
Is triamcinolone acetonide an antifungal cream?
Triamcinolone Acetonide anti-fungal cream belongs to a long list of prescription medicines that have been known to eradicate the root cause of painful acne and its subsequent outbreak. Although the long list of medications under this category is varied, most of them are used to treat severe forms of acne. Some of them also help in preventing the development of severe forms of acne in the first place.
How long should I use triamcinolone acetonide?
Read Also: Rashes That Look Like Psoriasis
How To Store The Triamcinolone Ointment Or Cream
The storage of the triamcinolone cream and ointment is the same. You have to ensure that it is not in place where you children can easily reach it and it should be stored at room temperature. The cream or the ointment should be stored away from heat or moisture.
The triamcinolone acetonide cream and the triamcinolone acetonide ointment are very similar, the only difference comes in the formulation of these two products. The cream uses a water base whereas the ointment uses an oil base. They are both topical corticosteroids that come under the same brands. Triamcinolone acetonide ointment and cream are both used to treat certain conditions on the skin, they can both treat inflammation that is caused by a lot of factors like psoriasis, eczema, allergic reactions and many other factors.
The effects that these medications have on the skin are similar, they can both cause skin thinning if used for a long time, it can delay childs growth and cause burning, itching, irritation, etc.
Triamcinolone Acetonide Side Effects
Serious Side Effects
Thinning of the skin or bruising.
Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
Itching, flaking, or dryness of the treated skin area.
Severe burning, pain, redness, swelling, or irritation of the treated skin areas.
Symptoms of skin infection such as redness, swelling, drainage, or pus.
Mild burning, dryness, irritation, redness, or itching.
Mild, temporary stinging.
Raised spots on the skin.
Less Serious Side Effects
Changes in the color of the treated skin.
Mild burning, dryness, irritation, redness, or itching.
Thinning of the skin or bruising.
Raised spots on the skin.
Acne or tiny pimples on the skin.
Itching and redness around your lips.
Excessive hair growth.
Read Also: Is Epsom Salt Good For Scalp Psoriasis
Precautions To Take Before Applying
- Inform your physician or pharmacist your medical history especially cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, immune system problems, or poor blood circulation.
- Do not use if there is a sore or infection present in the area to be treated.
- Inform your physician and pharmacist if you are allergic to Triamcinolone or any other medications.
- Inform your physician and pharmacist what non-prescription and prescription medications you are taking, such as topical medications, vitamins and especially cancer chemotherapy agents.
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. If you become pregnant while using Triamcinolone acetonide cream, call your physician at once.
- Inform your physician if you are breast-feeding. Little is known whether this drug passes into breast milk when applied to the skin. However, other medications in this class pass into breast milk when used orally.
- Do not use if there is an injury or sore present in the area to be treated.
- Using the cream over a long period of time, or for large areas of skin, can make it more difficult for your body to respond to physical stress.
- Though it is unlikely, this medication may slow down a child’s growth if used for a long time.
Hydrogel Patch For The Treatment Of Eczema
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|Recruitment Status : Terminated First Posted : June 19, 2009Results First Posted : November 25, 2013Last Update Posted : January 31, 2014|
- Study Details
|Study Type :|
|Official Title:||A Study to Compare the Efficacy of Triamcinolone 0.1% Cream Occluded With Hydrogel Patch to Triamcinolone 0.1% Cream Without Occlusion in the Treatment of Eczema|
|Study Start Date :|
You May Like: Are Bath Salts Good For Eczema
You May Like: How Does Phototherapy Work For Psoriasis
What Are Some Things I Need To Know Or Do While I Take Triamcinolone Cream And Protective Emollient Cream
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take triamcinolone cream and protective emollient cream. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If you use triamcinolone cream and protective emollient cream too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
Once-or twice-daily application is recommended for most preparations.21 More frequent administration does not provide better results.27 The optimal dosing schedule can be determined by trial and error, titrating to the minimum frequency of application that still provides relief.
Face and neck
Face and neck
How Can You Prevent Cystic Acne
You can take some steps to help prevent acne or keep it from getting worse:
Read Also: Best Lotion For Psoriasis On Face
What Other Information Should I Know
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor may order certain lab tests to check your body’s response to triamcinolone.
Do not let anyone else use your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
How Should I Take Triamcinolone
Take triamcinolone exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
Take triamcinolone with food to prevent stomach upset.
Your steroid medication needs may change if you have unusual stress such as a serious illness, fever or infection, or if you have surgery or a medical emergency. Tell your doctor about any such situation that affects you.
This medication can cause you to have unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using triamcinolone.
Do not stop using triamcinolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication. Carry an ID card or wear a medical alert bracelet stating that you are taking a steroid, in case of emergency. Any doctor, dentist, or emergency medical care provider who treats you should know that you are taking steroid medication.
Store triamcinolone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Read Also: How Can You Cure Psoriasis
How Corticosteroids Work
Psoriasis is an inflammatory autoimmune disease in which the immune system suddenly regards normal skin cells as harmful. In response to the perceived threat, the immune symptom will launch an inflammatory attack on the middle and upper layers of skin .
The inflammation, in turn, will accelerate the production of skin cells, causing them to build up and form dry, scaly lesions known as plaques.
Corticosteroids mimic the effects of a hormone your body produces naturally in the adrenal glands. The hormone, called cortisol, is released by the body to control inflammation.
What About Cystic Acne
Although topical triamcinolone acetonide cream will not be productive in treating cystic acne, using the ingredient in injectable form has been demonstrated to help. Studies show that intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injections are an effective way to treat cystic acne. Leading to significant improvement in the clarity of the skin. This treatment is popular because of its cost-effectiveness and ease of administration.
Recommended Reading: Does Vaseline Help Scalp Psoriasis
Corticosteroids For Eczema Which Is Stronger
The strength of a medication is known as its potency. The more potent a medication, the stronger they are. Corticosteroids, such as Triamcinolone, come in a range of different potencies. The table below shows different corticosteroid creams categorized by their potency, so you can find out which is stronger.